1. Welcome to our Sunday Service, this Morning. As we worship together may we know God’s presence.
The notices for this week will scroll at the beginning and end of the Service and are displayed on the Notice Board. After this Service you are welcome to stay behind for refreshments. Thanks to those who provide this.
2. 3.00 pm, 9 Lessons and Carols, Wigtown Parish Church.
7:00 pm, Carols by Candlelight with the Creetown Silver Band, 7 pm, Kirkcowan Parish Church.
3. Monday: Drop-In, hosted by the Guild, 10:30 -11:30 am, Church Lesser Hall (enter by side door). The last Drop-in for 2017. Welcome back Monday 8th January 2018.
Ninian Moment, Noon Sacred Heart Church, Wigtown.
7 pm, Christmas Carol Service, Sacred Heart Church.
4. Thursday: Wigtown School Christmas Assembly, 9:30 am, Wigtown Parish Church.
Prayer and Bible Study, 7:30 pm, the Manse. Last one for 2017. Returns 11th January.
5. Next Sunday: Christmas Eve
Morning Services, Christingle Service.
Wigtown Parish Church 10:00 am.
Kirkcowan Parish Church 11:30 am.
Watchnight Service, 11:15 pm, Wigtown Baptist Church.
Candlelight Watchnight Service, 11.30 pm, Kirkcowan Parish Church.
6. Christmas Day: 11.00 am at Wigtown Parish Church, Joint Christmas Day Family Service.
7. Sunday 31st December: Joint Service 11 am, Wigtown Baptist Church.
8. The minister will be on holiday from Tuesday 26th December until Tuesday 2nd January inclusive. Pastoral Cover: Rev. Stephen McGarva and Marlane Cash.
9. Saturday 10th February: Vocations Information day. Want to serve God in the Church of Scotland? It’s your call? Conforti Institute Coatbridge. Booking essential. To register contact the Ministries Council. Poster at the door.
10. Prayer Points:
Pray for those who are struggling in body, mind, heart or soul. Pray that the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:7).
Pray as we approach Christmas that the message of the birth of the Saviour would be heard in the midst of all the trappings surrounding Christmas.
Pray for the Machars Basics Bank. All donations will be gratefully received as the Basics Bank is under pressure fulfilling Christmas parcel requirements as well as the usual day to day requirements. Thanks so much for your continuing support.